President of the United States, Donald Trump have approved the US Embassy Scholarship knowing the fact that there are many determined and talented, low-income students in Africa who only require financial resources and access to information to better their educational future.
The mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for
financial assistance from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the upfront cost of admission.
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Cost of books (Book allowance)
- Project and equipment expenses
- Student monthly allowance ($17,500)
Interested students must have obtained a high school leaving certificate to qualify for the scholarship.
Part-time students are eligible to apply for the scholarship only in circumstances where the applicant is
able to demonstrate heavy career commitments or a medical condition that precludes them from studying full time. Students may be either internal or external students.
- Both international and domestic students are eligible to apply. (Any stipend award for international students will be subject to confirmation of a full
fee scholarship for the corresponding period.)
- Students who hold another scholarship may apply. Masters/PhD student must work on writing their thesis
- Full time (a minimum of 35 hours per week) for the duration of the scholarship
(i.e. they must have completed the research stage).
The award will cover up to 18 credit hours. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidate.
NOTE* Applications will not be accepted by email or post.
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Apply Online for The US embassy scholarship and begin your studies in 2019
- Complete your application form for admission before the appropriate deadlines.
NOTE: Application Link, https://www.gwu.edu/~fellows/fellowships/global_leaders.html